Friday, May 14, 2010

How difficult is it to groom your dog?

So, I am fascinated by our groomers, and how they cut hair so clean, so fast and so meticulously. At our pet grooming shop in Avalon Park (Groom Grub and Belly Rub), I was watching Andrea groom a poodle who was so fidgety and all over the table. He did not like his face being messed with (for obvious reasons, and more... unfortunately prior us, he had some bad grooming experiences).

Anyway, so I poked my head through the door, and said "I could never do what you do. I would have done such a choppy job, and as critical as I am of you, I guess its easier said then done huh?"

Picture this: Andrea holding up a piece of paper for you to draw on....

She said: "of course I would not ever, but sometimes I feel like saying, how about this, while I hold this paper, and you hold this pen, can you draw me your perfect picture of what you want your dog to look like." As she moves the paper around all over, round in circles and sideways. Then she said "then as they do that, their would be this occasional rat trap that comes out of no where and bites at them."

I started laughing so hard, because in all my years I have worked with dogs, I have never appreciated groomers more than when we opened Doglando. I told her I was going to go and blog about this, and attempt to draw this picture of just how easy it is to do what she does.

In my opinion there is no reason why pet grooming should be a traumatic experience for the pet. I am so proud to say that we have such great groomers, and that even the most traumatized dog, has come around and learned to at least tolerate the grooming while at Doglando.

No comments: