Saturday, May 2, 2009

Joy's Journey... up for adoption

Here is a cute story from Joy's foster mum... Astrid (Doglando Mum).

Recently she had participated in her first foster experience ever... of two 5 week old puppies, that she raised, nurtured and even successfully potty trained by the time they were 8.5 weeks old. At the time of adoption of the last puppy, she told the "new" family, "I just want you to know I am giving you a piece of my heart..."

Today Astrid emailed me and said "I hope I have a big heart, because when Joy leaves I will be giving away another piece of my heart."

My response to her was for every feeling of emptiness your heart will be filled with even more love, joy and warmth knowing you helped save a life... your heart will always remain big."

And I would tell this to everyone who has found it in themselves to foster a dog and has worked so hard to help them thrive and nourish... to find the dog a forever home, then start all over again with another dog. One may say it gets easier... but I don't know about that.

Here is Joy, ever so gently accepting treats... ENJOY!


No comments: